Due to the impact of COVID-19, safety training is more important than ever. Keeping students engaged can also be challenging, which is why we are offering Live Remote Instructor-Led Classes.
Students will be able to see and hear the instructor in real-time, raise their hand, ask questions, and interact with other students. All you need is a computer with a working speaker, microphone, and camera or a smart phone.
Our online program will have secure access and monitor participation during the course of the training to ensure that the student is present for the entire length of training.
Classes have limited seating, once you sign up you will receive additional information and the link to access the class. If you are looking to sign up for additional classes, we will add you to our email list and you will be notified as they become available.
The Training Academy
How Do Remote Classes Work?
When you register for a class, please specify that you wish to take it remotely. Once you have paid for the class, we will email you the course workbook and a link to join the remote training session.
On the day of class, click the link and join the online training session using your computer or by downloading the App from your smart phone. You do not need to have a Zoom account to join the online class. The invitation link sent to your email will provide you with access to the “Join Meeting” button. You will be able to see and hear the instructor in real time, raise your hand, ask questions, and interact with other students. All you need is a computer with a working speaker, microphone, and camera or a smart phone.
Our online program will have secure access and monitor participation during the course. This will ensure that the student is present for the entire length of the training.
How to Steps:
Click on the link provided in the email (this link will be sent to you 24 hours before the class begins). You will need a computer or device with a webcam and microphone or a smart phone to participate in a Zoom online class session. Make sure that you have a good wifi connection so there are no interruptions during class.
Download Zoom to your desktop or you can click on the “Join Zoom Meeting” link sent to your email. You will be prompted to Zoom directly where you can follow the instructions on how to download the correct Zoom application for your desktop, Ipad, Iphone, etc.
Once you have downloaded “Zoom”, you will now have the option to join the class. Click on the “Join Meeting” button and you will be joined into the online class once the trainer is ready to start the class. Please see page below “Zoom User and Class Tips” for joining and interacting in class.
Zoom User and Class Tips:
Following and knowing these tips will help ensure that classes run more smoothly and will help when class participation is necessary.
1. Please be sure to obtain a device with a good quality camera so that you may be seen clearly during roll call, ID Verification and class participation.
2. Make sure that the device you are using has a good quality microphone so you can be heard clearly.
3. All participants will be ID verified, please have your ID handy for roll call. During ID Verification you will be prompted to show your face and ID until you are told to stop your video.
4. You will be able to mute and un-mute yourself. Class participation is a must and is encouraged. Mute your microphone to avoid feedback when joining a meeting by clicking either the Mute/un-mute my audio button or the Audio options button on the Zoom menu bar.
5. Be sure to have a pen and paper handy for taking notes, questions will be asked during class to make sure you understand the material being taught.
6. During class you will be able to raise your hand by clicking on the “Raise Hand” button. This feature allows you to raise your hand to indicate that you have a question or need help.
7. During your online class, you will have the option to chat with everyone participating in the class or chat with the professor privately. This will be helpful if you need to step away for a moment or if you have a question.
NOTE: Students who are 15 minutes or more late to class cannot join,
and must reschedule.
For Questions about using Zoom:
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your virtual classes or downloading/setting up Zoom, please contact the following:
Name: Maria Diaz