Course Description: This course trains all individuals in safe flagging techniques. The topics discussed in this course involve a thorough understanding of flagging procedures, proper use of required equipment, review of flagging skills from hands-on training and classroom activities, to coordinating traffic movement through the work zone.
• Flagging operations.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Flagger location.
• Temporary traffic control.
• Supervisor and flagger responsibilities.
• Flagger orientation and Traffic Control Plan.
• Flagging hazards including struck-by, caught in-between, falls.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Thoroughly understand flagging procedures and proper use of required equipment.
• Obtain State Certification.
• Coordinate traffic movement through the work zone.
Course Materials: Will be provided.
Course Duration: 4 hours of classroom and practical training (not including class breaks).