Course Description: To renew a New York City (NYC) Master Plumber or Fire Suppression Piping Contractor license, the applicant must complete this course and submit a certificate of completion to the Department of Buildings (DOB) Licensing Unit for 7 hours of training as mandated by Title 1 of the Rules of the City of NY §104-06 regarding continuing education requirements.
- OSHA 1926 overview.
- NYC Building Code overview (Rules, TPPN’s, regulatory notices, bulletins).
- Plumbing Code.
- Fuel Gas Code.
- Mechanical Code.
- NYC Fire Code (Chapter 14 Fire Safety during Construction, Alteration & Demolition).
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Rules.
- NYC Department of Buildings overview (standard operating procedures, policy & procedure notices, permits, notifications, forms, filing and site documents, plans, inspection checklists/logs, wind and weather advisories).
- Business Practices, ethics, anti-corruption.
- Jobsite Safety.
- New Technology.
Pre-requisites: Students must have a valid Master Plumber or Fire Suppression Contractor’s license.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Be familiar with new Plumbing & Fire Suppression Piping Technology.
- Recognize, avoid and prevent hazards.
- Be cognizant of the common violations issued by DOB.
- Be current with DOB updates.
- Be prepared to renew their license.
Course Materials: will be furnished.
Course Duration: 7 hours of training (not including class breaks).