Course Description: To continue to perform rigging or signaling work during the hoisting or lowering of articles on the outside of a building within the 5 Boroughs of New York City (NYC) – an individual must either (i) complete this refresher training course every four years following the completion of the 16- Hour Rigging Worker course & every four years thereafter, or (ii) possess a national rigging certification (NCCO).
• Introduction to rigging.
• Crane and rigging accidents.
• OSHA standards overview.
• NYC Building Code overview.
• NYC Department of Buildings overview.
• Lifting and lowering loads.
• Ropes, knots and hitches overview.
• Rigging equipment overview.
• Inspection of ropes and rigging equipment.
• Crane and hoisting machine overview.
• Fall protection.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Construction site hazards.
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must have experience with rigging and be familiar with terminology.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Serve as a signal person.
- Serve as a rigging person.
- Identify and correct jobsite hazards.
- Provide safe operations with proper fall protection.
- Be technically proficient in rigging operations.
Course Materials: This course consists of power point presentations, lecture, real-life case studies, class discussion and hands on demonstrations. We will provide a student manual and in-class practical exercises.
Course Duration: 8 hours of in-class training (excluding breaks).