Course Description: To continue to erect or dismantle supported scaffolds over 40’ in height in New York City (NYC), an individual must successfully complete this 8-Hour Supported Scaffold refresher training course every four-years after completing the 32-Hour Supported Scaffold Course.
• OSHA 1926 overview.
• NYC Construction Code updates.
• NYC Department of Buildings updates.
• Fall Protection.
• Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Pre-task planning.
• Inspections for equipment and hardware.
• Safety Checklists: Pre-Start, Erection & Dismantling
• Emergency preparedness and procedures.
• Access and working platforms.
• Scaffold set-up and foundations.
• Guys, ties and braces.
• Tubular welded frame scaffolds.
• Accident prevention and general safety.
Pre-requisites: Must possess a 32-Hour supported scaffold installer card.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Identify the types, nomenclature and definitions of scaffolds.
• Understand the different types of fall protection needed when working on a scaffold.
• Understand the permit requirements needed in order to comply with the Building Code.
• Discuss and identify common supported scaffold hazards.
• Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
• Develop a basic knowledge of how to safely install and remove supported scaffold equipment.
• Discuss differences between New York City Building Code and OSHA scaffolding regulations.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components including a PowerPoint presentation, lecture, case studies, class discussions and hands on demonstrations. We will provide a student manual which will include all relevant written standards.
Course Duration: 8 hours of training (not including class breaks).