Course Description: To register as a Lift Director, the applicant must successfully complete a lift director training course of at least 32 hours in length as mandated by Section 28-424.3 of the New York City Administrative Code. As of November 7, 2022, to apply for licensure as a Master Rigger, the applicant must successfully complete a lift director training course that is at least 32 hours in length as mandated by 28-404.3.1 Section of the New York City Administrative Code.
- Introduction to Cranes and Derricks.
- Crane and Hoisting Machine Accidents
- OSHA 1926 Subpart CC overview.
- Roles and Responsibilities of Site Personnel with overview of licensing/training/certifications required for each party
- NYC Codes Overview
- Fall Protection.
- Basic Meteorology
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- Crane and Derrick Setup & Configuration
- Powerline Safety
- Securing/Stowing the Crane/Derrick
- Crew Resource Management
- Authority of Lift Director
- Required Crane/Derrick/Rigging Inspections
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites needed to attend this course. Students must have experience with rigging and be familiar with terminology.
Objectives:Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Supervise rigging operations on a job site.
- Inspect all rigging equipment.
- Ensure that workers are practicing safe rigging operations.
- Ensure that fall protection methods are followed.
Course Materials: This course consists of power point presentations, lecture, real-life case studies, classdiscussion and hands on demonstrations. We provide a student manual and in-class practical exercises.
Course Duration: 32 hours of in-class training (excluding breaks).