Course Description: This course is required to renew a New York City (NYC) Department of Buildings (DOB) Concrete Safety Manager Certificate.
• Introduction to Concrete Safety Management.
• Concrete accidents.
• NYC Concrete Safety Manager Certification requirements.
• OSHA 1926 overview.
• NYC Building Code overview.
• NYC agency overview (DOB, DOT, DEP).
• Concrete construction, inspection and stripping operations.
• Rigging, scaffolds, hoisting, and crane operations.
• Site Safety Plan Requirements.
• Safety protocol for concrete.
• Safety violations.
• Safe use of tools.
• Recurring problems.
• Jobsite emergency preparedness procedures.
Pre-requisites: You must have a NYC Concrete Safety Manager Certificate.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Understand the Building Code (Chapters 33 and 19) and Rules of the City of New York (3310) for concrete safety.
• Identify rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious concrete accidents.
• Demonstrate the reasons for NYC safety rules on concrete projects.
• Illustrate NYC specific hazards for concrete construction and the control methods for those hazards.
Course Materials: A Building Code manual and handouts will be distributed in class.
Course Duration: 8 hours of training (not including class breaks).