Course Description: This course is required for any worker who will use or operate a Mast Climber in New York City (NYC).
- Mast Climber accidents.
- OSHA 1926 overview.
- NYC Building code overview.
- Use and operation of mast climbers.
- Pre-shift Mast Climber inspection.
- Fall protection.
- There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Recognize hazards associated with working from heights.
- Work safely on a Mast Climber.
- Understand the basics of operating a Mast Climber.
- Practice adequate fall protection methods.
Course Materials: This course consists of a PowerPoint presentation, lecture, case studies, class discussion and hands-on demonstrations. We will provide a student manual and in-class practical exercises.
Course Duration: 4 hours of training (not including class breaks).