Course Description: Every employer in New York State is required to provide employees with sexual harassment prevention training. An employer that does not use the model training developed by the Department of Labor and Division of Human Rights, must ensure that the training that they use meets or exceeds the following minimum standards. Model training materials are available to employers to download.
- Explanation of sexual harassment consistent with guidance issued by the Department of Labor in consultation with the Division of Human Rights.
- Examples of conduct that would constitute unlawful sexual harassment.
- Federal and State statutory provisions concerning sexual harassment and remedies available to victims of sexual harassment.
- Employees’ rights of redress and all available forums for adjudicating complaints.
- Conduct by supervisors and any additional responsibilities for such supervisors.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lecture, real life case studies, class discussion and hands on demonstration.
Course Duration: 2 hours of training (not including class breaks).