Course Description: This course consists of all the required classes required in order to upgrade your 40 hour Site Safety Training (SST) card from Worker to the 62 hour Site Safety Training( SST) Supervisor (Students must have a 30 hour OSHA card prior to attending this class).
- 8-Hour Chapter 33 (Site Safety Manager Refresher)
- 2-Hour Site Safety Plan
- 2-Hour Tool Box Talks
- 2-Hour Pre-Task Safety Meetings
- 4-Hour Supported Scaffold User
- 2-Hour General Electives
- 2-Hour Specialized Electives
Pre-requisites: Students must already have completed their 30 hour OSHA, 8-Hour Fall Prevention, and 2-Hour Drug and Alcohol courses.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will:
- Be familiar with site safety plans.
- Learn the purpose and proper presentation of pre-task meetings.
- Be aware of administrative regulatory requirements and record keeping standards.
- Be familiar with Toolbox Talks as a quick and easy way for competent persons to reinforce and supplement established training efforts of an employer
- Be able to identify the types, nomenclature and definitions of a scaffold.
- List and identity the different types of fall protection needed when working on a scaffold.
- Recognize the permit requirements needed in order to comply with Chapter 33 of the Building Code.
- Be generally familiar with terms and the phenomenon of electricity and how it causes harm.
- Be familiar with terms, equipment and procedures associated with first aid and CPR.
- Be generally familiar with the health risks of asbestos and lead in the workplace.
- Recognize places and locations where asbestos and lead containing materials may be found in the construction industry.
- Be familiar with confined spaces and permit required confined spaces.
Course Materials: Will be distributed
Course Duration: 22 hours of training (not including class breaks).
Languages Available: English, Spanish