Course Description: Aerial Work Platforms/Mobile Scaffolds (Scissor Lifts)
Per OSHA Subpart L 1926.451,452,453 and ANSI/SIA A92.3, A92.5, and A92.6
- Introduction to aerial and scissor lift safety.
- Types of aerial and scissor lifts.
- Safety procedures before use.
- Safety precautions during use.
- Safety procedures after use.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
- Understand the training requirements for performing work on and operating scissor lifts.
- Understand the general structural requirements for scissor lifts.
- Understand the safe work practices for working with scissor lifts.
- Guidelines addressed in OSHA §1926.452(w) (Mobile Scaffolds).
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components which include power point presentations, lecture, real life case studies, class discussion and hands on demonstration. Students must bring a picture ID to the class.
Course Duration: 4 hours of training (not including class breaks)