Course Description: This course can help fulfill the requirement for an individual applying for a Site Safety Training Card. This is an awareness level training only and does not provide any other qualification or authorization outside of the Site Safety Training Card.
2-Hour General Electives (1-Hour Electrocution Prevention and 1-Hour First Aid and CPR)
2-Hour Specialized Electives (1-Hour Asbestos/Lead Awareness and 1-Hour Confined Space Entry)
• Electrocution, shock and cardio arrhythmias.
• Arc flash and arc blast.
• Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
• Requirements to have first aid and the ability to administer such procedures.
• Regulatory requirements for working with and handling lead.
• Testing, abatement, and handling.
• Control of hazardous energy: Lock-out/Tag-out.
• Permit required confined space rescue.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Be generally familiar with terms and the phenomenon of electricity and how it causes harm.
• Recognize electrical hazards and error traps associated with the potential for electricity to do harm.
• Be aware of administrative regulatory safety requirements associated with electricity.
• Be generally familiar with terms, equipment and procedures associated with first aid and CPR.
• Recognize when they or other workers are experiencing a medical emergency.
• Be generally familiar with the health effects and avoid hazards of asbestos and lead in the workplace.
• Recognize locations where asbestos and lead containing materials may be found in the construction industry.
• Be generally familiar with and recognize confined spaces and permit required confined spaces.
• Be aware of administrative regulatory safety requirements associated with confined spaces.
Course Materials: Will be provided.
CEU’s: Not applicable
Course Duration: 4 hours of training (not including class breaks).