Course Description: This course introduces Chapter 14 of the New York Fire Code and Rule 3 of the Rules of the City of New York (RCNY) for construction sites. Upon successful completion of the course and passing of the exam, students will receive a certificate and verification letter that is required by the Fire Department of New York (FDNY) to apply for the FDNY exam for Construction Site Fire Safety Manager.
• New York City (NYC) Fire Code.
• Fire Safety Plans.
• Inspections and record keeping.
• Training on fire extinguishers.
• Testing fire protection equipment.
• Hot work requirements.
• Construction site provisions and fire safety requirements.
• Certificate of Fitness (S-56) requirements for Construction Site Fire Safety Manager.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Know the difference between the FDNY standards, OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of the Building Code.
• Determine NYC specific fire safety issues.
• Apply all construction site fire safety requirements, as set forth in 3 RCNY 1401-01(c).
• Identify the construction site fire safety manager requirements and responsibilities.
• Apply safe work practices by complying with the Fire Code and Fire Department Rules.
Course Duration: 8 hours of training (not including class breaks).