Course Description: This course satisfies the New York City (NYC) requirement for Fall Protection training for all workers and supervisors. This is required under Local Law 196 to obtain a Site Safety Training (SST) or Supervisor (SSST) card.
• New General Industry Walking Working Surfaces and Fall Protection Standard.
• Background of Local Law 196.
• Fall Protection options.
• Rope descent systems.
• Ladder safety.
• Training requirements.
• Guardrails, netting and hole covers.
• Slips, Trips & Falls.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Be generally familiar with terms associated with falls in construction.
• Recognize, avoid and prevent fall hazards.
• Be aware of regulatory safety requirements associated with falls, including OSHA’s Subpart M.
• Learn how to make informed decisions when working at heights.
Course Materials: Will be distributed during course.
Course Duration: 8 hours of training (not including class breaks).