Course Description: This Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) course prepares the layperson to respond to choking, breathing and cardiac emergencies and how to use an AED unit. This National Safety Council course meets the current CPR guidelines using a combination of video and instructor led hands on training.
• Taking action in an emergency.
• Assessing victims.
• Provide basic life support, including airway management, breathing and circulation.
• Using an AED.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Be familiar with terms, equipment and procedures associated with first aid and CPR.
• Recognize when they or other workers are experiencing a medical emergency.
• Understand the regulatory requirements for the use of and administration of first aid and CPR.
Course Materials: This course consists of several different components including a PowerPoint presentation, lecture, case studies, class discussions and hands-on demonstrations.
Course Duration: 5 hours of training (not including class breaks).