Course Description: The California OSHA 10-Hour Construction online safety course is specially designed to help keep California workers safe while obtaining their OSHA 30-Hour Card. This course teaches recognition, avoidance, abatement and prevention of safety and health hazards in workplaces. This program also provides information regarding workers’ rights, employer responsibilities and how to file a complaint. It was also designed to help individuals stay up-to-date with their OSHA safety requirements.
- Introduction to the Department of Industrial Relations.
- OSHA Focus Four Hazards:
- Electrocution hazards.
- Fall hazards.
- Struck by hazards.
- Caught in or between hazards.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Scaffolds, stairs and ladders.
- Construction industry health hazards.
- Material handling hazards.
- OSHA-sanctioned employer responsibilities.
- Hand and power tool hazards.
- OSHA-supported workers’ rights.
Pre-requisites: There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job related hazards. Students will receive a wallet-sized course completion card.
Course Materials: Handbook will be distributed in class.
Course Duration: 10 hours of training (not including class breaks).