Course Description: To renew a New York City (NYC) Master Rigger’s license, licensees must successfully complete this 8 hour training course.
- Basic building structure.
- Maintenance and repair of cranes and ropes.
- Crane setup.
- Reading plans.
- Operating cranes.
- Reading load charts.
- Lifting and lowering loads.
- Operational Aids and safety devices.
- Crane and Derrick safety protocols and emergency procedures.
- Crane assembly, jumping & disassembly.
- Rigging requirements.
- General construction site hazards.
Pre-requisites: Students must have a Master Rigger’s License to attend this course.
Objectives: Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate the NYC Department of Buildings website to select appropriate Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins and applications.
- Identify the rules and regulations that were promulgated after serious construction accidents in NYC.
- Choose safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision-making.
- Differentiate between OSHA standards and NYC Building Code.
- Identify rigging equipment and their hazards.
- Discuss common causes of accidents with cranes and rigging.
- Read loading charts and develop skills necessary to understand rigging calculations.
- Perform inspections of cranes and ropes.
- Identify critical picks and check rigging paperwork.
Course Materials: Will be provided.
Course Duration: 8 hours of training (not including class breaks).